Haris did the unforgivable. He spun an article (written by singa) quoting verses of Quran in particular zukhruf:87 to say that the Quran permits the use of Allah by non Moslems. The article then says its wrong for Moslems to prohibit what is permitted.
I replied in a civil and polite manner countering his point. But bloody fool haris censored it. He just won’t allow contrarian view to be published to protect his crony singa. Kepala otak betul this so called champion of civil rights. Below is my retort to haris which was censored:
“Please can you not censor my reply.
Singa in the past has written misleading articles with fabricated facts.
1) its a forgone conclusion that overwhelming Muslims in Malaysia are against Allah being used to refer to non moslems god. The national fatwa of ulama and now Nik Aziz and pas ulama have finally put Islam above politics. This is grounded in fiqh.
2) the issue has never been whether Allah can refer to other god in Arabic language. But the issue is whether Allah refers to non Muslims god in bm usage. It’s a similar issue in English.
3) in bm without refute Alllah has been used to refer to Muslim’s god. It’s similar to English, where Allah is also referred to as the Muslims god. See dictionary.
4) has Allah been used to refer to non moslems god for more than 400 years in our country? No. Christinity was first introduced to sabahan Hakka in 1880s and bm was not used then. In Sarawak it was brought in by James brook in 1820s and no bm was used either. It was introduced to the natives in 1927 by Australian mission (Then known as BEM and now SIB) and to the Sabah natives in 1930s. In 1950s SIB felt the need to have bm bible and thus collaborated with Indonesian missionaries to produce a bm Version. So in east Malaysia its a new phenomena.
In peninsular, non Malays don’t use bm bibles until now. Even father andrew uses english bibles. what about orang asli? Christianity was only introduced to them in 1930s. Thus it’s a more recent phenomena.
So the use of Allah to refer to non muslims god as normal bm parlance is a recent phenomena. Malays have used this to refer exclusively to the Muslim god. See state anthem where Allah refers to Muslims god as well. Other religious god is referred to tuhan as in our rukun Negara “kepercayaan kepada tuhan.”
5) Muslims used the word god many times in a day to refer to the Muslims god and its a term of a very deep endearment to the Muslims here to refer to one Allah god. To us, It’s an insult for others to change the meaning of it ikut suka hati Mak bapak dia. The use of Allah referring to Muslim god is used much longer than the recent phenomena in bm bible usage. Why are the feelings and usage by the majority Muslims here not even considered but the minority be given prevalence?
6) practices of Islam differ from country to country. In Saudi the women can’t drive. In other places, they must wear full hijab. In Malaysia women can drive and not forced to wear full hijab but we have used Allah to refer exclusively to the Muslims god.
7) on the quranic verses, you cannot recite half of the whole part to paint a full picture. Lets take the first quoted ayat in surah zukhruf.
The surah recounted the history the previous prophets to prophet MOHD saw who is facing tribulations with the musyrikuns/quraish (non Muslims in Mecca). Allah recounted that every time Allah sent a prophet they ridiculed them. (43:7) if you asked them who is their god, they would always say Allah (43:9). But at the same time they associated Allah with many things. they associated servants of Allah as Allah 43:15 or angels as goddess 43:19. Verily all these people had transgressed and Allah has has punished them. In 43:25 Allah took retribution on them.
The Quran recounted incidences from prophet Abraham to Isa (Jesus). Examples after examples how they ridicule the prophet. Similarly in prophet MOHD saw case. The Quran was revealed. Similar situations happened. They will say their god is still Allah. But this is when singa misleads again by quoting half of the verse. Allah continued to say that all of them are deluded. Then subsequent verses asked Prophet to turn away from them. Let me quote the full verse of zukhruf 87:
“And if you asked them who created them, they would surely say, ” Allah .” So how are they deluded?”
So singa as usual misleads by quoting half the verse. The verse doesn’t indicate that Allah permits it or forbid the use of Allah. But a narration of a story of what happened. In fact based on this ayat Muslims should be circumspect whenever a non Muslims say they believe in Allah. Incidences in the past indicates they misuse it.
So singa has every time misleads with half baked arguments. Never believe what singa wrote. From his write he appears not to know usul Fiqh. He has not even read the asbab but pretend to know all. Shame on you again singa.”